Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Royboy's August Schedule

 


June and July are the slow times for me, just a couple of shows to hit and lots of weekends that I'm not on the road, it drives me crazy to sit at home that much. Mid August is when the schedule ramps back up and runs nearly without a weekend off until around Thanksgiving.

For me in 2013 it starts back up at the H.A.M.B. Drags held in Asbury, MO at the MO-KAN  Dragway on Aug. 17th. We usually show up to the hotel in Joplin on the 15th, head to Springfield, MO to a swap meet on the 16th and then it's all day long at the drags on the 17th.

The next weekend has been the Blacktop Nationals in Wichita for the past 3 years. Last year I arrived to Wichita in a torrential downpour. Something that I did not think my camera would enjoy so I effectively skipped the show last year. But the previous two I was there and here's some of what I saw. This year the event goes down on Aug. 24th.

2011 Blacktop Nationals  0030
2011 Blacktop Nationals  0086
2011 Blacktop Nationals  0103

Following that is Aug. 31 and the Labor Day weekend goodness that is the Greaserama in the KC area (Tracy, MO to be exact). I've been attending the Greaserama since before my car could make the drive somewhere around 2007 or so, I've always had a good time and I've always wished it wasn't over when it was.

That's it for what's coming up in August on the Royboy Schedule. If you will be at any of these events or on my way to or from them and  you want a custom photo shoot of your vehicle, book a shoot with me then to save $ since I can combine the travel, shoot me an email for more details.

See you at a show,

Royboy

No comments:

Post a Comment