Wednesday, July 11, 2012

KKOA Leadsled Spectacular is on the way! Looking back Part 1

In many ways I am blessed, great people as both friends and family, a good paying job, a house, a dog, a couple of kool cars... the list goes on and on, I'm a lucky guy. Having one of the best kustom and hot rod shows in the world right in my backyard is just another lucky stroke in life. The Kustom Kemps of America Leadsled Spectacular has been held in Salina, KS now for a few years and just keeps growing and growing.
 
My first photos of the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular were in 2007. At that time the show was held in Salina, KS' Thomas Park. The show fit nicely in the small, mostly shaded park, looking back now I see a lot of cars that are owned by strangers then that are friends now.



"Dad's" 53


Ted's "bathtub"


This is when you know you're someplace kool, when you see a bubbletop just rolling around a show.


Come on, a twin flathead engined dragster? If memory serves correctly he barely got her shut down before the fence at the end of the track.



Roger Ward's car looks as good today as it did then.


I don't remember seeing this one lately, hope it's still around




The Tiki Taxi back before I met her owner Steve... life was so much more innocent then...


Probably the worst photo I've ever taken of one of my favorite kustoms, Hub & Gloria Harness' Cinnamon


Jack's historic 29 Roadster


Johnny's perfect '58 Chevy


Jr. Blackwell's sedan has seen some changes over the years but it's always been kool


The MacGregor Boys always bring killer rides, this caddy has always been one of my favorites.


Not exactly traditional with this mill but this car was super clean.


Well lookie what I found, wow I didn't know I had this shot of Krobe's Coupe.


Jeff Myers of Premier Body & Paint in Arkansas City, KS brought his 63 Galaxie

I'm still madly in love with this car.


That's some of my favorite shots from 2007's KKOA Leadsled Spectacular, most of these I post because the owners have become very dear friends of mine over the years since. I'm a lucky man.

Part 2 will cover a few years worth of the show.

See you at a show,

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment