Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Look Ahead: 2013 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular


As I type this we're about a month out from the 2013 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular. The KKOA in Salina is one of my favorite shows on my schedule, not just because it's only 20 miles from my house either.

The show goes down in Oakdale Park in Salina, KS July 25-28, 2013. For all of the info on the show go to the KKOA website. Click any of the photos to see the full gallery from 2012.
Doug Reed and his Toad rolling into the show.

Kustoms in motion.




True road warriors, one from CA one from WI, both drive their rides everywhere.




As I mentioned here, I will be giving an award away at this year's KKOA Leadsled Spectacular. The criteria for the award are as follows: be younger than me (38) and bring a finished or in progress traditionally styled kustom, hot rod or gasser that I find kool. Yup, it's totally up to me, i do accept bribes of steak dinners and booze but they will not have any effect on the outcome :)
The award will be accompanied by a prize pack including gift certificates and discounts from:
RJay's Speed Shop
Devilles Barbershop
Premier Body & Paint (Jeff Myers' shop) Give Jeff a call at (620) 441-0820
Kool Rides
Murpho's Rod & Custom
more to come soon!

Thanks to all of the incredible sponsors who are stepping up to help make this award something special. The goal is to promote the younger generation and encourage the winner to keep building kool rides.

In the coming weeks we'll look at the past KKOA Leadsled Spectacular's, and we'll look at the nominees to the Hall of Fame as well, stay tuned.

See you at a show,

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment