Monday, February 11, 2013

Show Coverage: 2013 Kansas City World Of Wheels Part 1

I'm not entirely sure how long I've been going to the World of Wheels show in Kansas City's Bartle Hall. The years have kind of blended together for me. Lots of great friends and lots of fantastic machinery at this show year after year!

The weather was good this year, meaning that there was nothing to keep the spectator crowd away. The showed up for sure, it was packed the entire 6 or so hours that I was in the building. I showed up with t-shirts, hoodies and a bunch of calendars in hand, the first order of business was to deliver all of these goodies so I didn't have to carry them around. The final stop of that was with my friends of the Los Punk Rods (check out their blog here, lots of great reading here). They are the crew responsible for the Greaserama each Labor Day weekend (see the 2012 Greaserama coverage here.)






Punk Rod Eric's new ride is coming together nicely. Lots of German influences on the car to reflect Eric's German roots. Look for a feature here when it is all done!

Punk Rod Dave has built this very kool bike, if I understood correctly it is his first build. The shakedown run was a 3 hour haul ass drive to Salina in 100+ heat, that's confidence!


Love the hard top roof.






Dan's busy watching some work being done on the convertible chop job, team headed up by Gene Winfield himself.




Some high end muscle cars on display


Fast Eddie's Merc

Denny's sedan always gets people's attention.


I need to build one of these

I don't know any details on this build  yet, but I hope to find out some soon. I like where it's headed!

I better show one of Dan working lest ya think he wasn't doing anything!

That's it for part 1, part 2 tomorrow!

See you at a show,

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment